Coconut milk pancakes with blueberries
(For 4 servings)
Prep and cook time: 30 min
Cannot be frozen
- 325 g | 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar, plus extra to serve
- 2 large bananas, very ripe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for frying
- 350 ml Cajuwell coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g | 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 3 - 4 tbsp flaked coconut
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut sugar.
- Using a fork, mash together the bananas and coconut oil in a mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture in two additions until a smooth, thick batter forms.
- Melt a knob of coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Working in batches, add two or three small ladles of batter to the pan, letting the pancakes spread out slightly.
- Cook until set and golden-brown underneath with bubbles forming on the top, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until golden-brown and dry to the touch all over.
- Slide cooked pancakes out of the pan onto a plate and cover loosely with foil. Repeat steps 4-6 for the remaining pancakes; you should have about 12-16 pancakes in total.
- When ready to serve, stack the pancakes on plates and garnish with blueberries, flaked coconut, and a sprinkle of coconut sugar